TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19tH, 2010 - Buenos Aires
- Arrival of delegations to Buenos Aires.
- 17:00 Accreditation and program
- 19:00 First work session
La Pampa Saloon – Sheraton Buenos Aires
"Main trend for News Agencies: Just stay relevant"
Sergio Fernández Novoa (TÉLAM – National News Agency of Argentina)
- Álex Grijelmo (President, EFE)
- Ed McCollough (Director, Spanish print and new media markets, Associated Press - AP)
- 21:00 Official opening of the Congress by the Argentine President Mrs. Cristina Fernández of Kirchner.
- 22:00 Tango Dinner Show
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 - San Carlos de Bariloche
- Arrival of delegations to Llao Llao Hotel.
- 14:00 Lunch
- 18:00 Bustillo Saloon
Welcome words by Presentation: Mr. Sergio Fernández Novoa. (TÉLAM – National News Agency of Argentina)
- "Freedom of expression and rights to communication"
Frank La Rue (Speaker for freedom of expression, Organization of the United Nations)
- 21.00 Welcome Dinner. Gran Salón Llao-Llao.
Thursday, october 21st, 2010 - San Carlos de Bariloche
- 9:30 Bustillo Saloon.
Panel 1: "Training for New Journalism"
Farid Ayar(General Secretary of Federation of Arab News Agencies - FANA)
- Monique Villa (CEO, Thomson Reuters Foundation)
- Robert Holloway (President, AFP Foundation)
- Andrea Rübenacker (Head African Division, DW-AKADEMIE German Academy for Training Journalists - FANA Training Center)
- Günter Cyranek (Adviser for Communication and Information of UNESCO for Mercosur)
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:30 Panel 2: "Development and multimedia fluency in newsrooms"
Álex Grijelmo (President, EFE)
- Ramón Salaverría ("Integrated Journalism. Media Convergence and Newsrooms Organization." University of Navarra - Spain)
- Michael Lang (Editor-in-Chief, Austrian Press Agency)
- Tereza Cruvinel (Director-President, EBC brasil)
- 13:00 Lunch. Gran Salón Llao-Llao.
- 15:00 Bustillo Saloon.
Panel 3: "The customer´s point of view"
Mikhail Gusmán (Vice President, ITAR-TASS)
- Jean Francois Fogel (Consultant, French Groupe - Sud Ouestl)
- Tetsushi Wakita (Japanese TV NHK´s New York Office Chief)
- Federico Fasano (Director of the Journal La República and Multimedia Group in Uruguay)
- Joseph Oliver Boyd Barret(Professor of Journalism at Bowling Green State University, Ohio, USA)
- 16:30 Cofee Break
Panel 4: "New products and new media services"
Giulio Pécora (Consultant to the President, ANSA)
- Lola Álvarez (General Director of EFE - Audiovisual news services for TV channels and web)
- Stefano Spaggiari (CEO of Expert System - Semantic software technology for the News Agencies of the third millennium)
- Stéphane Guerillot (Chairman of IPTC - International Press Telecommunications Council)
- Wolfang Nedomansky (CEO of MINDS International, Mobile Information and News Data Services)
- 21:30 Dinner Show. Gran Salón Llao-Llao.
Friday, october 22nd, 2010 - San Carlos de Bariloche
- 10:00 Photo Contest results.
- 10:30 Conclusions by coordinators of Congress.
- Sergio Fernández Novoa (TÉLAM – National News Agency of Argentina)
- Farid Ayar (General Secretary of Federation of Arab News Agencies - FANA)
- Álex Grijelmo (President, EFE)
- Mikhail Gusman (Vice President, ITAR-TASS)
- Giulio Pécora (Consultant to the President, ANSA)
- 11:30 Closing Ceremony Statement
- 13:00 Lake Trip to Isla Victoria. Lunch on board.
- 21.00 Farewell Dinner. Gran Salón Llao-Llao.
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 - San Carlos de Bariloche/ Buenos Aires
- Return of the delegations to Buenos Aires